Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WN3 Persuasion

Persuasion is a technique that I am constantly utilizing. Although I fail to persuade about 99.9999999 percent of the time, that measely bit that I do persuade does make me very happy. I like to think my persuasion is not used in order to obtain selfish goals, but goals that benefit the other person, animals and the planet. I am always trying to persuade others to stop eating meat.

I'd like to say I'm good at persuasion but my countless failures have left me a little dubious. However, I have managed to turn at least three people vegetarian. That's a lot of lives saved!

The tactics of my persuasion include all types; pathos, ethos and logos. I use statistics and facts. I try to convey the image of the emotions of the animals who spend their lives in factory farms. I try to show people that I am not unlike them as I used to eat meat, too until I became aware of the many reasons to stop.

I witness persuasion quite a bit in movies and in real life. I tend to use persuasion more than anyone else I know.

3 comments:

  1. ... Yeah... You do use it quite a bit. Oh, and by the way, I bet you succeed more than 0.0000001 percent of the time... Unless you've attempted to convince thirty-million people that is. And yes, I do realize that it was a hyperbole, but hey, I'm just trying to make you feel better about yourself. Or your persuasive abilities. Or both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking that I was one of those people you have EASILY convinced to stop eating meat.
    From what I observed, you have accomplished being able to convince people with similar views as you(such as being against hunting or wearing fur) by further revealing what really goes down behind closed doors in factory farms. The obstacle now is to help those with completely different views to see this issue the way you do.
    I feel you're the best persuader in our school, and I'm not just saying that because you're a good friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness thank you guys-you makeh me feel so special!! And I just turned three more people vegan so you ought to be extra proud. hehe :D Yes it is easy with some (few because people are so used to avoiding compassion) and I'm not gonna quit trying with the people who make it difficult! Thank you you guys a bunch :D

    ReplyDelete