Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WN2 Being a Winner

The U.S. is winning the Olympics and my assigned topic is to reflect on what I think being a winner really means.

Personally, I think that being a winner only means that you are (probably) just being a selfish, overcompetitive jackass because really winning doesn't matter except to prove that you are better than someone else.

Trying to win is pointless because you should not be relying on happiness that comes from being better than someone else in the first place. Your happiness should come from within.

Winniing does not always mean you receieve a tangible award.

I am not proud of winning anything I've won, and I cannot recall winning because rarely do I conciously place myself within a competition.

4 comments:

  1. You inserted the probably in parenthesis just for me didn't you? If so, thank you. If not... Still, thanks. Although, I do admit I am quite overcompetitive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. I'm not sure if word 19 in paragraph 2 was appropriate for a school blog, but I see your point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Russ I was thinking of you. :)
    And word 19 is present only on account of the lack of a better, more effective ya know word. School blog shmog hahah not to disrespect education, but I'm assuming my expressed feeling is mutual even with school staff so it's not like I'm spraypainting BHS with jackass, I'm just being frank in a frank world.

    Wow I don't know what I just said but it's an awful lot to erase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete