Saturday, January 16, 2010

Taking a stand

Okay. So. Taking a stand. Myself. Me taking a stand. I find this subject really frustrating because I am always taking a stand with every meal I eat, because every meal I eat is one that refuses to harm creatures. Yeah, I get pretty frustrated. And I'm sorry if I've offended you with my veganism in the past. I've learned that taking a stand on my ethics tends to offend others, who are sensitive about their diets and unwilling to become aware.

Well, I seem to be getting off subject again...Okay, the last time I really took a stand was when those bs posters advertising hunting (not real hunting but fake hunting, which is only desensitizing everyone to real hunting anyhow) were hung up all around my friggin school. So, I made some posters myself with catchy slogans that were created with the same violent theme of hunting. One said "Save a deer, kill a hunter." Apparently, some idiots are just too friggin stupid to understand that this is not friggin literal. Duh. The slogan is obviously meant to change the point of view, make some people think. But, unfortunately, I forget how brainwashed people are from all the billions of advertisements they have seen in their lives that desensitizes them, making them (probably you too) feel not that killing other species is wrong and horrific just as human killings are, but feel that it's perfectly normal to torture and make suffer the innocent members of other species. What a demented and warped world we inhabit! Yes, we are victims of greed. Greed drives the ads which drive the brainwashing which makes the desensitization. Added with the sick ways of capitalism, our world is trapped in a vicious cycle.

Okay, so I was caught in the act of hanging up my horridly offensive posters and had to take them down before the bell even rang. I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply in batesville. I will continue to act on the behalf of animals and I really hope that someday you can see from a different perspective.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the day that you were making those during Algebra II. Didn't I say that you'd be caught hanging them up unless you had a few accomplices keeping watch?

    ReplyDelete