Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Time has dropped us upon a day that happens to have been administered with a name dedicated, apparently, to a saint. Saint Patrick's day conjures up images of green four-leaf clovers, leprichauns and all that is lucky within my poor mind.

And now I cannot recall the slightest memory of having been informed who in the world Saint Patrick is nor what his significance is upon this day. But he did do something and now that I've confessed my ignorance, I would like to cling to it as I do not particularly care what this man did, not to say I care not about the man himself, but, no, I simply cannot bring the desire to know such a thing.

Anyways, St. P's day does not carry the slightest burden of significance to me. I am certainly reminded of the images that have been used to represent the little holiday, yet I would not notice if I didn't get pinched for not wearing green. No, the leprichaun could remain in hiding today and I wouldn't care.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it really doesn't mean all that much to me either. Just a day that everyone goes around pinching others for not wearing green... Not a very good reason, but I digress.

    ReplyDelete